Thursday, April 23, 2009

How would you describe your experience at the conference so far?


Former foster child Wanda Dower of Hinckley, OH
"It's amazing to be with people who share your story; who understand, from the heart, what you feel. You cry, but you're happy when you're crying, because you're not alone. It sounds weird, but it's a celebration."









Adoptive parent Paulette Black of Norman, OK--1st-time attendee

"What a rich experience with very moving and important content. All the presenters are so knowledgable--they've lived the expertise they're sharing, whether as a member of the triad or within the professional world. Everything I've seen and heard has really resonated with my own experiences, especially dealing with culture and race issues. They've been spot on."


Adoptee Jeff Feurer of Sherman, Ill.,--a 1st-time attendee here with his birthmom and wife


"I'm the only person I know who's adopted. My friends and coworkers are all blown away by my story, but no one understands. I'm looking forward to sharing my story and learning from others. I think it will be a real growing and healing experience for me, my wife and birthmom. I'm excited to be here."



Adoptee Kathryn Shelley of Midland, TX, founder of Adoption Knowledge Affiliates, Inc.

"It always grounds me to participate in such a core experience that the general public knows so little about. Being here is like connecting with your tribe. I also love to reunite with people who've made such a difference in my life."






Social worker Jennifer Bulyaki of Guelph, ON, Canada

"I can describe the conference in two words: powerful and informative. It's been incredible"





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

AAC values your thoughtful opinions and we encourage you to add a comment to this discussion. Please be aware that we may edit your comments for clarity, remove off-topic remarks, or altogether delete comments that are offensive and of questionable content.